CC Risk Management
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some important national safety goals (from 2013)?
- Identify patients correctly
- Improve staff communication
- Use medications safely
- Prevent infection
- Prevent deaths (suicide precautions)
- Prevent mistakes in surgery
What are some causes of errors that cane be prevented?
- Process errors- mistake somewhere in the process
- Ineligible orders
- Neglect- failure to report or recognize important s/s
- Inexperience and overworked
- Insufficient drug knowledge
- Incorrect syringe labeling
- Diagnostic errors
- Surgical mishaps
- Obstetrical mishaps
- Equipment malfunctions
What is a drug-disease interaction?
- When a medication is incompatible with a disease process
- For example, diabetics should be cautious when taking cough medication as it contains a large about of sugar
How can errors be prevented?
- Patient rights for medications, consent
- 3 checks during med admin
- Promote a culture of safety
- Train staff properly
- Safe environment and proper equipment
- Computer red flags
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview