INFS 227 Ch 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
doc given under penalty of perjury that investigators create to detail findings. used to justify issuing warrant
charge made against someone before proof has been found
corporate environment: person who has right to request investigation
process of applying scientific methods to collect and analyze data and info that can be used as evidence
conducting forensic analysis of system suspected of containing evidence related to incident or crime
- Computer Technology Investigators Network
- a nonprofit group based in seattle, composed of law enforcement members, private corporation security professionals, and security professionals; Aim is to improve quality of high-tech investigations in Pacific Northwest.
a specialty field in which companies retrieve files that were deleted
specialty field: companies perform real-time backups, monitoring, data recovery, and hot site operations
Enterprise Network Environment
a large corporate computing system that can include formerly independent systems
evidence used in ct to prove case
- search and seizure
- must have probable cause
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association.
- nonprofit association for solving international computer crimes
Hostile Work Environment
- environment in which employees cannot perform their assigned duties because of the actions of others.
- ex: threatening or demanding emails, coworker viewing hate sites
evidence that indicates a suspect is guilty of the crime with which they are charged
selling sensitive or proprietary company info to a competitor
An organization created to provide training and software for law enforcement in computer forensics
Line of Authority
order in which ppl or positions are notified of a problem; these ppl or positions have legal right to initiate an investigation, take possession of evidence
legal process leading to trial w/purpose of proving criminal or civil liability
Network Intrusion Detection and Incident Response
detecting attacks frm intruders by using automated tools; includes the manual process of monitoring network firewall logs
a log of criminal activity that law enforcement personnel can use to review the types of crimes currently being committed.
behavior expected of an employee in workplace or other professional setting
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview