Strategic Plan 2014
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the Mission Statement?
To provide the highest level of Safety, Service and Security to the people of California
The mission of the CHP will be accomplished though which five departmental goals?
- - Prevent the loss of life, injuries and property damage
- - Maximize service to the Public and Assistance to Allied Agencies
- - Manage Traffic and Emergency Incidents
- - Protect Public and State Assets
- - Improve departmental efficiency
What are the core functions of the CHP?
- - Primarily providing traffic safety and service to the motoring public
- - As a statewide criminal justice agency, also provides law enforcement assistance to local govt and allied agencies when situations exceed local resources
- - Leader for statewide VT prevention and recovery efforts
- - primary authority for enforcing laws and regulations relating to commercial vehicles
- - provide security and protective services to elected state officials, state govt emp and state facilities
What are the three areas that make up the CHP organization?
- Executive Offices
- Field Operations
- Staff Operations
Executive Offices include the functions of:
- Employee Relations
- Inspector General
- Special Representative
- Professional Standards and Ethics (includes IA, Legal Affairs, EEO and Risk Management)
- Office of Community Outreach and Community Relations
How many Divisions are there?
8 field Divisions, Protective Services Division and the Office of Air Operations
How many Area offices are there?
How many dispatch centers are there?
How many commercial vehicle inspection facilities are there?
How many communications centers are there?
What is included in Staff Operations?
- Special Counsel to the Commissioner
- Administrative Services
- Enforcement and Planning
- Information Management
- Office of Employee Safety and Assistance
What was the mileage death rate since 2009?
- 2009 - 0.95
- 2010 - 0.84
- 2011 - 0.87
- 2012 - 0.92
What are the five top PCF's in fatal t/c's?
- Unsafe Speed
- Wrong side of the road
- Improper turning
- Pedestrian violation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview