RAD-285 PATIENT CONSENT & CONTRAST MEDIA.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Obtaining the patient permission to perform the procedure.
- when the patient does not stop the procedure from taking place
- occurs in ER situations when it is not possible to obtain consent from the patient
- The patient has not been informed
- adequately to make an informed decision.The
- patient can bring charges of negligence (an unintentional tort), particularly
- if the patient sustains injury.
who may consent
A conscious and competent patient.
- If a patient is unable to give consent, a
- person legally authorized must consent for the patient (power of attorney).
- A spouse cannot consent to his/her
- wife’s/husband’s operation or procedure in a non-emergency situation.
Charting refers to any records you are expected to add to a document.
negative contrasts agents have a ____ atomic number
what are radiolucent contrast agents
- air c02 02 nitrous oxide
what type of positive contrast agents
iodine bromine barium
positive CA's increase organ density because ___
they absorb more radiation which causes a decrease in film density
Contrast agents with higher osmolality are ____ likely to cause adverse reactions of all kinds
Osmolality is determine by
the number of osmotically active particles formed when it is dissolved in solution
which agents dissolve into ions when dissolved in water
which agents do not dissociate into separate particles when dissolved in water
Non ionic contrast has a ___ ratio
low osmalility contrast has a ____ ratio
high osmolality contrast has
in myelography you should have ____ contrast
how about in angio
- immiscible contrast ( so youcan see it on a radigraph)
- completely miscible
list some adverse reactions to ca's
- renal toxicity
- local tissue damage
- delayed allergic reactions
what is a pretreatment to adverse reactions cause by iodine
corticosteroid and diphenhydramine
discontinuing nephrotoxic medications
what contrast is used in MR
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview