The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the contributions of early developmental scientists: Darwin, Hall, Gesell and Piaget
- Darwin: early documentation of his kids "baby biographies"
- Hall: introduced the concepts of norms
- Gesell: studied maturational milestones of development
- Piaget: identified stages of cognitive development
explain the importance of the lifespan perspective
- information from a variety of disciplines is needed to understand lifespan development.
- today's developmentalists recognize change happens throughout life, development occurs in multiple contexts, and plasticity exists throughout a lifespan
describe the Interactionist model of development
believe that every developmental change is a product of both nature and nurture
explain development in terms of continuity and discontinuity
development is a matter of changes in both degree (continuity) and kind (discontinuity).
the goals of developmental scientists are to ______,______,_____ and ______ age-related changes.
identify 5 ethical standards that psychologists must follow
- Protection from Harm
- Knowledge of Results