Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "rmslim1"
- tags "Hematology"
- folders ""
- description ""
- fileName "Poikilocytes"
- Burr cell
- Assoc. w/ Renal Disease, Lymphosarcoma, Electrolyte Depletion, Snake Venom Toxicity, Hypophosphatemia
- assoc. w/ Neoplasms, Lipid Metabolism Disorders, Liver Dysfunction, Renal Disease, DIC, Portosystemic Shunts
- Assoc. w/ pretty much any anemia
- Assoc. w/ Acquired/Congenital Disease, Doxorubicin Treatment,
- Assoc. w/ DIC, Heartworm disease, Splenic Disease, Liver Disease, Severe Burns, Iron Deficiency, Vascular Neoplasms, Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia
- Assoc. w/ Sickle cell anemia
- Assoc. w/ Liver Disease, Inherited disorders
Looks like a stack of coins
- Assoc. w/ Inflammatory Diease, Neoplastic Disease, Alterations In Plasma Proteins
Clumps of cells
- Assoc w/
- Immune Disease, & Reaction during/after blood transfusions when blood from donor isn't compatible with the recipient forming strong attachments to one another
Tear drop cells
- Assoc. w/ Extramedullary Hematopoiesis, Myelofibrosis, Metastatic Tumors of The bone Marrow, Multiple Myelomas, Acute Leukemias
Howell Jolly bodies
- Single inclusions made of iron
- Assoc. w/ Patients w/splenectomy, Regenerative anemias, Hemolytic anemias, Various Leukemias
- Inclusions made of rna remnants
- Assoc. w/ Hemolytic Anemia, & Toxin Exposure, Ingestion of onions, Acetaminophen toxicity, Lymphosarcoma, Chronic Renal Failure, Hyperthyroidism, Diabtetes Mellitus
Smaller dense & dark staining
- Assoc. w/
- IMHA, After Blood Transfusions, Zinc Toxicity, Parasitic Infection, Snake Venom Toxicity
Assoc. w/ Bone Marrow Disease, Increased Erythropoiesis ( Regenerative Anemia ) , Splenic Disease, Lead Poisoning, & Extramedullary hematopoiesis