Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does TEACH stand for?
- T: tune into the patient (goal-directed)
- E: edit Pt info (use simplicity)
- A: act on every teaching moment
- C: clarify often
- H: honor the Pt (respect)
What is the difference between Andragogy and Pedagogy?
Andragogy: learning during primary grades; learner centered.
Pedagogy: art&science of how adults learn; content centered.
The Cone of learning.
What is the most effective way of learning?
After 2 weeks, we tend to remember by..(from lowest - highest %)
Learn by "doing" (90%)
Reading, Hearing, Seeing, Seeing&Hearing, Participating, and DOING.
Describe the 3 learning domains.
Cognitive: storing & recalling of new knowledge.
PsychoMOTOR: learning a physical skill.
Affective: changing attitudes, values, and FEELINGS.
What are some nursing interventions to improve Pt's Health Literacy?
Use clear, basic language in both oral/written communication.
Reduce noise levels, decrease distractions.
Review ADPIE process.
- A: gather info.
- D: identify Pt's problems.
- P: set goals of care & desired outcomes & identify nursing actions.
- I: Perform nursing actions identified in planning.
- E: Determine if goals & expected outcomes are achieved.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview