Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The doctor treated the patient.
- El doctor trató al paciente.
How would you treat
each of the following problems?
Help yourselves to sugar over there.
no puedes evitarlo
you can help yourself
She can't help herself - she has to criticize everything I do
ella no puede evitar criticar todo lo que hago.
I can’t stop scratching myself. It's really annoying.
habit, noise] molesto, irritante;
[person] irritante, pesado
te haras daño
You'll hurt yourself.
I’ve had this rash for a couple of weeks.
rush /rʌʃ/ ajetreo, deprisa
left in a rush, and I forgot my keys.
Salí deprisa y se me olvidaron las llaves.
- It’s got worse since the school term started
- ha empeorado desde que el periodo escolar empezó
ir de mal en peor
get worse and worse
It must be very stressful teaching a class of thirty children.
un cafe con leche
- a latte,
- caffè latte (milky coffee)café con leche
siento oír eso
I’m sorry to hear that
es una perdida de tiempo
It's a waste of time and money
- She’s been having acupuncture since
- last autumn and it has completely cured her.
- proof [pruːf]
- There’s no proof that those remedies work.
dando largos paseos
she has been going for very long walks every day since then.
dar un paseo
go for a walk
- useless [ˈjuːslɪs]
- They've been selling useless pills to sick people for years
ganar dinero( negocio)
they've been making lots of money.
ganar dinero ( premios)
tengo este dolor
empieza este dolor
I get this pain.
tengo un cura que funciona
I've got a cure that definitely works
profesional de la medicina
es una tonteria
It's rubbish. Don't believe them.
es una tontería no te lo creas
rubbish [ˈrʌbɪʃ] basura
Stop arguing with each other. You're making me itch
que demontre significa…….?
What on earth does Cranio Sacral mean?
how much do you charge for putting your hands lightly on my head?
I've been taking aspirin for back pain
herida o lesion
subir a la camilla
Why don't you take off your coat and shoes and get up on to the table?
hice el rediculo
I made a fool of myself.
pienso que son necesaria las dos
I think there is a need for both
- I think a combination of both would be good, because certain things need to be fixed
- quickly and then perhaps antibiotics might work but in the long run if you keep using
- those I think it’s actually not good for your body.
estar a favor de
to be in favour of
- My dad is very much in favour of traditional medicine so whenever we are sick he’s
- the doctor and it has worked,
- think I am in favour of traditional rather than
problemas de corazón
heart condition n(cardiac disorder) (coloquial)
problema del corazón
dañar, herir, lesionar
herida, daño, lesión
injury injuries /ˈɪndʒərɪ/
therapy [ˈθerəpɪ] N terapia
siento lo de tu dolor
I'm sorry to hear about your pain
suffer from /ˈsʌfəʳ/
My husband suffers from chronic lower back pain,
lower back pain
comenzo a visitar
he started seeing an acupuncturist, and it has changed his life
- he has been practically pain-free
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese remedy that helps relieve all kinds of pain.
Fine needles are inserted into the patient's skin, and this helps stimulate the body's energy.
Practitioners have also been using acupuncture to treat depression for thousands of years.
dolor de muela
- sick [sɪk]
- useless pills to sick people for years
useless pills pastillas inutiles
- since the school term started
- since then
- since last autumn
llevo años pensando en dar largos paseos
i'v been thinking about going for long walks for years
traditional medicine never helped.