What is the primary nursing goal R/T separation anxiety?
- Preventing or minimizing separation
- A primary nursing goal is to prevent separation, particularly in children younger than 5 years of age.
- Many hospitals have developed a system of family-centered care.
- This philosophy of care recognizes the integral role of the family in a child’s life and acknowledges the family as an essential part of the child’s care and illness experience.
- The family is considered to be partners in the care of the child.
- Encourage parents to do rooming in
- Family-centered care also supports the family by establishing priorities based on the needs and values of the family unit.