The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the 3-step bio-design approach?
- Step 1: Identify
- Step 2: Invent
- Step 3: Implement
How does a BME go about identifying an unmet clinical need?
- Establishing a strategic focus
- Perform a comprehensive personal inventory that can lead the innovator to an appropriate and exciting strategic focus.
- Personal mission - acts as a governing constitution by which you evaluate your decisions and choose your behavior. this can help you to define your own strategic focus.
- Acceptance Criteria - the parameters that must be met to make an innovation project attractive to the innovator.This can be used to help define a strategic focus.
Ethnographic Research flow chart
- Identify the guiding question for the observations (e.g., How does the medical care team in a hospital interact with patients who suffer from heart disease?)
- Identify field sites (places for observation)
- Get integrated in the field site; performed and record observations
- Supplement the observations with follow-up interviews of people who can provide insights into the observations
- Analyze the data to provide a thesis and an argument (this is the problem statement and the data that supports it)
The Bio-design Process for Performing Observations flow chart
- Set up observations
- Prepare for observations
- Conduct observations
- Document observations
- Name the problem
- Test and refine problem statement