Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Truck Check needs to be complete and entered by what time?
PM sticker is in upper left corner of windshield. At what point do mechanics need to be notified of upcoming PM service
Within 200 miles of PM Due
What is the proper voltage for batteries
within 12-14volts. Batteries less than 12 V need to be charged
Non-maintenance batteries level should be at what level when inspected? What should they be filled with?
3/4 " from top. If fluid appears concave it is full. If necessary fill with distilled water when possible.
Ideally air brake tanks should be 120PSI each. what are Indications of air brake tank leak
Losing 2 psi per minute or continuoulsy bleeding below 100PSI
Where should the alternator gauge read when turning the truck on?
What is the proper running water temperature
Doors, Locks, Handles and Hinges
If the hinges or tracks need to be cleaned, clean them with a mild soap and water. Lubricate the door tracks with silicone spray
Equipment, tools and FF equipment
- Engine inventory should be performed daily
- Check condition and clean if necessary all equipment
- Know each piece of equipment
- If broken or missing get it replaced
- make sure working parts are functioning
- know adapters/fittings
Measures RPM. Idle 550-650. Fast idle is 900-1100 RPM
Fuel Gauge should read
Should never drop below 1/2 tank
Oil Pressure should read?
Each truck should have its own city yard key. This key is numbered?
Tire Pressure PSI range
Stars or cracks in windshields are handled how?
It should be written up and called in for repair immediately
Quick and Easy Apparatus Check
- Approach and Walk around
- Engine Compartment
- Under the truck
- Drivers Seat Check
- Engine Start Up
- Pump Check
- Miscellaneous Checks
- An increase in RPM w/o an increase in PDP
- Caused by Air bubbles in hot water in the pump
- loss of pressure
- increase in pump speed w/o corresponding increase in pump pressure
- Sound like gravel or marbles going through pump
Emergency Response Criteria
- Maximum 10MPH over posted speed limit
- Traveling in center or oncoming lanes, 20MPH Maximum
- Traveling in center or oncoming traffic, complete stop at all traffic lights/signs
- Posted speed limit when entering intersections with green light
- Complete stop at all red lights/stop signs
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview