The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
If our year were twice as long (that is, if Earth took twice as many
days to complete each orbit around the Sun), but Earth's rotation period and
axis tilt were unchanged, then
- the four seasons would each be
- twice as long as they are now
It's 6AM and the Moon is at its highest point
in your sky (crossing the meridian). What is the Moon's phase?
A typical galaxy is a ________.
- collection of a few hundred
- million to a trillion or more stars, bound together by gravity
In Copernicus' heliocentric model, the
ancient mystery of the planets is explained by retrograde motion which
- only apparent as the Earth passes
- other planets in its orbit around the Sun.
Lunar eclipses can occur only during a
If we have a new moon today, when we will have the next full moon?
In about 2 weeks
Check ALL that are true of a scientific
- 1. A scientific theory would have
- been called a Law in Newton's time.
- 2. A scientific theory has passed all
- crucial tests of its validity.
- 3. A scientific theory might still be
- proven wrong.
Which of the following is not true about a
- 1. A theory must explain a wide range
- of observations or experiments.
- 2. Even the strongest theories can
- never be proved true beyond all doubt.
- 3. A theory is essentially an
- educated guess.