The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The most anterior and prominent part of the mammalian brain and consists of two cerebral hemispheres
- Consists of the outer cortex and subcortical regions
- Each side receives sensory information and controls motor movement from the opposite (contralateral) side of the body
What is the outer portion of the forebrain known as?
What does the limbic system consist of?
- A number of other interlinked structures that form a border around the brainstem
- Includes the olfactory bulb, hypothalamus, hippocampus, amygdala, and cingulate gyrus of the cerebral cortex
What is the limbic system associated with?
Motivation and Emotion
What are subcortical regions?
Structures of the brain that lie underneath the cortex
Subcortial structures of the forebrain include....
- Basal Ganglia