The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is table level recovery?
The ability for RMAN to recover a table to a point in time.
How are sql commands executed in RMAN on 12c
- BEFORE : RMAN] SQL 'alter system switch logfile'; --still permitted
- NOW : RMAN] alter system switch logfile;
Which 12c RMAN SQL commands still require: SQL 'command';?
- When connected to an 11g/10g database
- DROP DATABASE
How are the structure of tables and views viewed in RMAN
In 12c, there is the DESCRIBE command
In 12c RMAN, what is Active Database Duplication be enhanced
- Multisection backupsets SECTION SIZE
- compression USING COMPRESSED BACKUPSET
- encryption SET ENCRYPTION
In 12c RMAN, how is the data pulled from the target database?
- As a backup set
- Before 12c datafile copies were pushed from target
What is the main advantage of using the pull-based duplication method in Active Database duplication?
It puts less stress on the host (source) system
When performing Active Database duplication over a slow open network, what can be used to speedup and protect the data?
- USING COMPRESSED BACKUP SET in backup clause
- SET ENCRYPTION before DUPLICATE command
Which commands will force an Active Database duplication to be pull-based?
- USING BACKUPSET in the DUPLICATE DATABASE command
- SET ENCRYPTION before executing the DUPLICATE command
- The SECTION SIZE clause to divide data files into subsections
- The USING COMPRESSED BACKUPSET clause
If using encryption in Active Database duplication, what is essential before the DUPLICATE command is run?
- The Oracle key store should be shared between target and auxiliary databases
- set encryption on identified by [password] … The password must be the same
When using multisection backup of a database as image copies, how many files are generated for each datafile at the end of the process?
What is NOOPEN option for DUPLICATE in RMAN?
- Disabled the automatic opening of a recovered clone database
- DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE
- TO newdb
- FROM ACTIVE DATABASE
What does the SECTION SIZE option when making RMAN image copies achieve?
- Reduces the time to create an image copy as it can now be done of multiple channels
- AS COPY
- SECTION SIZE 200M
What does the SECTION SIZE option when making RMAN image incremental backups achieve?
- Reduces the time to create the backup as it can now be done of mulitple channels
- INCREMENTAL LEVEL 1
- SECTION SIZE 200M
- DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/DB01/users01.dbf';
In RMAN, what is Storage Snapshot Optimization?
Use third-party snapshot techniques to be used to backup a database without the database in BACKUP mode.
What does the keyword SNAPSHOT TIME in RMAN RECOVER command achieve?
Recovers the database using a snapshot to a consistent point without any other intervention
What can a snapshot backup recover?
All or part of the database
Which new privilege allows the grantee to perform BACKUP and RECOVERY operations with RMAN?
How can a user be granted privilege to backup a single PDB?
Grant them SYSBACKUP at that PDB level.
How does a PDB user with SYSBACKUP backup a database using RMAN?
- Using BACKUP DATABASE
- BACKUP PLUGGABLE DATABASE CANNOT be used
In 12c, how can Transportable Tablespaces be handled?
A backup sets rather than image copies
How are Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespace handled in 12c?
- A backupset in the format of the destination database is created on the source system
- The backup is not cataloged
What are the options for RMAN Table PTIR recovery?
How is a dumpfile of the data produced for a RMAN Table PTIR recovery?
Using the clause NOTABLEIMPORT
What is User-Context Tracking in 12c Flashback Data Archive?
- The ability to use metadata to trace transactions such as username
- Allows the identity of who made a change to be know
How is Flashback Data Archive User-Context Tracking defined and what are the options?
- Using DBMS_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE.SET_CONTEXT_LEVEL
- ALL - the entire SYS_CONTEXT
- TYPICAL - the user ID, global user ID and the hostname
- NONE - nothing
How is the history of a table extracted
- Using DBMS_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE.CREATE_TEMP_HISTORY_TABLE
- The data in this table can then be exported
- The data can be imported using DBMS_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE.IMPORT_HISTORY
Are tables using Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) supported in Flashback Data Archive?
How can the data in the Flashback Data Archive be more efficiently stored?
Using optimizing the FDA History Tables
When creating a Flashback Data Archive what does OPTIMIZE DATA do?
- Conserve storage using Advanced compression techniques
- The default is NO OPTIMIZE DATA.
What is Database Hardening?
- A way of grouping tables into a collection known as applications
- Changes to the Flashback Data Archive can be made to the applications rather than individual tables
To use multisection backup of a database as image copies, what is the process?
- Compatible is 12.0.0 or higher
- RMAN started with SYSDBA or SYSBACKUP
- BACKUP AS COPY SECTION SIZE 200M DATABASE;
What are the key enhancements to RMAN Duplication enhancements in 12c
- Can duplicate CDBs and PDBs
- Can choose compression, section size and encryption during duplication
- The duplication can be ended with the database in a mounted state, not opened
- The default uses backup sets not image copies
What are the steps to Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespace?
- Connect to source
- Make tablespace to transport read only
- Get the precise name of the destination OS from v$transportable_platform
- RMAN] backup to platform '[platform]'
- format '[path]/%u'
- datapump format '[path]/[format]'
- tablespace TEST
- Copy backupset to destination
- Connect to target
- RMAN] restore foreign tablespace test
- format '[path]'
- from backupset '[path]/[file]'
- dump file from backupset '[path]/[file]'
Which table lists the supported platforms for Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespace?
Which clause permits inconsistent backups when transporting tablespaces?
What are the steps to transport a database to a different OS using RMAN?
- Execute the SYS.DBMS_TDB_CHECK_DB procedure
- Make database read-only
- RMAN] BACKUP TO PLATFORM ''[platform]'
- FORMAT '[path]/[format]'
- Copy backupset to destination
- RMAN] RESTORE FOREIGN DATABASE TO NEW FROM BACKUPSET '[path]/[file]'
In Flashback Data Archive, what is User-Context Tracking?
The ability to use metadata for tracking transactions ie which user changed a table