Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What do you use for official correspondence?
Official business letter
What should be included in your presentations:
When are emotional boundaries being crossed?
When a massage therapist discusses their own difficulties.
What's the result of avoidance?
Leaving unresolved issues in a conflict.
How do you show affirmation while listening?
By saying "uh-huh," "I see," "yes," etc.
How long do you have to make a 1st impression?
- Less then 1 minute
- Less then 2 sentences
Are rules of good manners the same everywhere you go?
No, they vary in different societies.
How do massage therapists maintain good relationships?
With good social skills
A deep awareness of the suffering of another with the wish to relieve it.
How do you enhance concentration & the ability to pay attention?
By single tasking
What is the opposite of critical thinking?
Accepting things at face value.
What's the term using theoretical knowledge in real-life situations?
What does it mean to be "reliable"?
People can depend on you to do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it.
What is accountability:
Making work a high priority & applying yourself.
List the 5 types of professional boundries:
List 6 guidelines for good grooming:
- Keep nails trimmed & manicured below the tips of the fingers.
- Avoid nail polish
- Keep hair clean & style that prevents it from touching the client.
- Keep skin on hands healthy & soft.
- Take precautions to prevent offensive body odor.
- Take precautions to prevent offensive breath odor.
- Keep area around body piercing jewelry clean.
What is ethics the study of:
The nature of moral behavior, right & wrong. Its based on honesty, integrity, compassion, respect & privacy.
What are 7 common values upon which ethical choices are made?
- Quality care
- Respect for persons
What are the 6 levels of intellectual skills?
- Knowledge (Recall or remember terms, concepts, principles, facts & methods)
- Comprehension (Reorganize, paraphrase or explain the material beyond mere recall)
- Application (Use information in real-life situations)
- Analysis (Break down a communication or situation into its parts & identify specific elements, relationships among parts, patters & overall organization)
- Synthesis (Put together the pieces to create a whole or a solution)
- Evaluation (From a judgment; determine the worth, value or quality)
What are the 2 "hire level thinking skills" used in massage therapy?
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
Name 5 things that can improve concentration:
- Single tasking
- Uncluttered space in order to minimize visual distractions
- "White noise"
- Quiet background music
What's the purpose of social skills?
To promote harmony, understanding & connection; while peacefully solving problems like disagreements, misunderstandings & reconciliation after harm has been done.
Name 5 types of conflict resolution approaches: