Describe some of the diseases of the skin.
Include acne & skin cancers.
: albinism, psoriasis, eczema
: skin cancers (basal cell carcinoma, melanoma)
: dermatomycoses, bacterial dermatitis.
- Acne: etiologic agent -> Propionibacterium Acnes- anaerobic bacterium (finds O2 toxic)
- - grows in clogged sebaceous pores
- - pus (dead white blood cells) means the body is trying to fight the infection
- Severe Acne: cystic acne
- - scarring
- - psychological problems
- Treatments: - mild tx (open up pores)
- - more severe tx (antibiotics, accutane - inhibits sebum production so prevents clogs)