Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the function of the occipital lobe?
- Known as the striate cortex or the primary visual cortex
- Highly responsible for visual input
- Damage can result in cortical blindness?
What is the function of the postcentral gyrus?
- Primary somatosensory cortex
- Primary target for touch sensations and information from muscle-stretch receptors and joint receptors
What is the parietal lobe responsible for?
- Processing and integrating information about head, eye, and body positions from information sent from muscles and joints
- Essential for spatial information as well as numerical information
What is the temporal lobe responsible for?
- Auditory information and essential for processing spoken language
- Also responsible for complex aspects of vision, including movement and some emotional and motivational behaviors
What structures does the frontal lobe consist of?
- Precentral gyrus
- Prefrontal Cortex
What is the precentral gyrus responsible for?
responsible for the control of fine motor movement
What is the prefrontal cortex?
The integration center for all sensory information and other areas of the cortex
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview