Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three arms in the Triad of death?
- Halt Coagulation
- Lactic Acidosis
- Decreased mycardial performance
What is the most important vital sign to look at in shock patients
BP!!! If BP is normal they are in Compensated shock if it is below normal they are in decompensated shock.
What is decompensated shock
When heart and lung can no longer function
What are they 3 different categories of shock
cellular hypoxia, which causes:
- Free radical production
- Macrophage induction
- Anaerobic metabolism
Cardiogenic Shock: What causes it?
- Usually result of severe ventricular
- dysfunction associated with MI
Cardiogenic shock features
- Decreased CO
- Elevated left ventricular end-diastolic pressure
- S3 heart sounds
- Pulmonary edema
What is SvO2
Mixed venous Oxygen saturation
What are some of the treatments or therapies for Cardiogenic shock
- Inotropic preload and afterload reducing agents
- intraaortic balloon counterpulsation
- ventricular assist devices
- heart transplantation
What are some common causes of obstructive shock?
- pulmonary embolism
- cardiac tamponade
- tension pneumothroax
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview