Hem Lec Ch7,8,9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The causes of anemia include?
- blood loss
- impaired red cell production
- accelerated red cell destruction
The clinical signs and symptoms of anemia can result from ?
- diminished delivery of oxygen to the tissue
- lowered hemoglobin concentration
Which is a significant laboratory finding in anemia?
If you are grading changes in erythrocyte size and shape using a scale of 0 - 4+ and many erythrocytes deviate from normal per microscopic field, the typical score would be?
Anemias can be categorized into?
- Hemolytic type
- Blood loss type
- Impaired production type.
Disorders of the GI system
Does not disrupt the blood volume
Result in an iron deficiency and hypochromic/microcytic erythrocyte morphology on a peripheral blood smear
All of this is what type of blood loss?
what type of blood loss?
The erythrocyte morphology associated with anemia in an otherwise healthy person caused by acute blood loss is usually ?
Anemia caused by chronic blood loss is characterized by?
- hypochromic, microcytic erythrocytes
- decreased packed cell volume.
Aquired aplastic anemia may be caused by ?
- Benzene or benzene derivatives
- ionizing radiation and vitamin B12purine or pyrimidine analogues
The sudden appearance of aplastic anemia or pure red cell aplasia is often caused by?
an immune process
Aplastic anemia can occur year before a diagnosis of _________ is made
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobin
- Acute myelogenous leukemia
If a patient aplastic anemia is refereed to as exhibiting pancytopenia, which cell lines are affected?
The best described congenital form of aplastic anemia is?
_______ is characterized by selective failure of RBC production ?
Pure red cell anemia
___________ is a rear congenital form of red cell aplasia
_________ is a subset of Fanconi anemia
Familial aplastic anemia
Hematopoietic cell target in aplastic anemia are affected by?
- activated cytotoxic T lymphocytes
- activation of Fas receptor
- Direct cell-cell interaction between lymphocytes and target cells.
Fanconi anemia is associated with abnormal genes located on chromosomes?
9 and 20
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview