Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the precautions for ENTERIC?
- Gloves (entering/leaving)
- Gown (entering/leaving)
What are common conditions for ENTERIC precautions?
C.Diff: bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Due to antibiotic use.
Incontinent Pt w// loose stools or diarrhea.
Pt w/ stool collection device.
What are the precautions for DROPLET?
*Everyone, HC workers, *Pts.
- Facemask (ent/leav)
- Goggles/shield for splash of sputum or bodily fluids.
What are common conditions for DROPLET precautions?
- Seasonal flu (sneeze)
- Pertussis (cough)
- Bacterial Meningitis
What are the precautions for CONTACT?
HCWs (*same for Enteric)
What are common conditions of CONTACT?
- MRSA (meth-resistant-staph-aureus)
- VRE (vancomycin-resitant enterococcus
- Wounds/abscesses (drainage uncontained)
- CRE (carbonapenem resistant; bedbugs; lice)
What are the precautions for AIRBORNE?
Everyone, Pt, Pt
VISITORS must: speak w/ nurse before entering room.
- N95 mask or PAPR (remove PAPR after leav)
- Negative airflow room: air does not leave room (Pressure moves from high->low)
Keep door closed at ALL times.
- Wear mask when leaving.
What are common conditions for AIRBORNE?
- Pulmonary or Largyngeal Tb.
- Rubeola (measles)
- Avian flu
- Chicken Pox (airborne&contact)
- Disseminated Herpes Zoster (airborne&contact).
For AIRBORNE precautions, when should nurse notify Infection Prevention Specialist and Facilities?
When starting or discontinuing precautions.
If negative airflow is dysfunctional.
What is the order to put on PPE?
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. Gown (if needed).
- 3. Mask (if needed; N95 mask or PAPR for AIRBORNE)
- 4. Eye cover (if needed).
- 5. Gloves.
What is the order to take off (dispose) PPE?
- 1. Gloves.
- 2. Eye cover (if used).
- 3. Gown (if used).
- 4. Mask (if used).
- 5. Wash hands.
For ALL precautions, everyone must WASH HANDS when entering/leaving, however, which two precautions must you also wear a facemask?
AIRBORNE, DROPLET precautions EVERYONE must wash hands and wear a facemask.
For ALL precautions for PATIENTS, what must Pts do for precautions?
Which two precautions under PATIENT consists of the above but also require the Pt to wear when leaving the room?
Put clean sheet on wheelchair.
Pt must have clean clothes, hands, bodily fluids contained.
Pts must wear facemask for AIRBORNE and DROPLET precautions.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview