commercial ice machine chapter 27
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Making Flake Ice
- formed in a vertical cylinder
- Auger scrapes the ice from cylinder wall
- ice production and harvest are continuous
- water level is maintained by a float
- waste water is used to cool in the condenser
- auger turns 9 - 16 rpm
- motor 1750 rpm reduced by a gear reduction
Flake type auger exploded view
Flake ice water fill system
- Dual float switch & water control valve:
- float switch controls solenoid
- solenoid controls water valve
- system shuts down on low water level sensed by a conductive probeElectric water valve opens on low water level
Flake ice - Flush cycle
- flushing cycle is computer controlled
- some system drain whenever system cycles off
flake ice - Bin controls
- mechanical flapper device senses backed up ice
- Infrared electric eye:
- sensor can "see each other" when ice is low
- sensors cannot see each other when ice is high
- sound waves, or sonar, can control ice level
- Thermostats are liquid filled bulbs
Ice flakers use txv, axv, or cap tubes for metering device.
txv usually have a 3*-4* superheat
can have more than 1 expansion device in parallel
evap is usually wrapped around the cylinder
Basic troubleshooting - flakers:
1)when you hear sounds like 2 pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together, or crunching sound, or a squeal, or very hard ice.
3) most common problems are:
- 1) mineral is building up on the cylinder
- 2) mechanical problem
- 3) Auger, gear motor, bearings,gear reducer
The water fill system uses what to control water flow
- dual float switch,water control valve:is solenoid operated magnetically.
- conductivity probe, water sensor: will nit be affected by adverse water condition, uses electrical current to sense water level
Flush cycle does what
A way to get rid of unwanted buildup of minerals is to flush the out the water system on a periodic basis.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview