When part or all of the lower eyelid turns outwards away from the eye
- An ectropion mainly occurs in older people. It is thought that the
- small muscles around the eyelid become weak with ageing. In most cases
- there is no other underlying problem.An ectropion may also be
- caused by any condition that causes scarring of the eyelid or near the
- eyelid. For example, a burn, infection, tumour or injury to the eyelid.Finally,
- any condition that causes weakness of the facial muscles may also
- include weakness of the eyelid and cause an ectropion.