Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Rate at which system generates money through sales
Continuous Flow Mfg. (CFM)
- 1. One piece flow at a rate determined by the customer
- 2. Smooth and un-interrupted flow
Eliminating possible errors; forgetfulness, misunderstanding, identification, willful errors, lack of standards, indadvertant errors.
- 1. A method of material control.
- 2. A kanban card will give permission for the next operation to produce more parts.
- Chart to track variables like pr., temp, thk, customer complaints, etc at varying intervals.
- Variations within piece, piece-to-piece and time-to-time can be spotted.
Seven Classical Wastes (MUDA)
- 1. Overproduction
- 2. Inventory
- 3. Rework/Rejects
- 4. Motion
- 5. Processing
- 6. Waiting
- 7. Transport
- 1. Visual control device - shows current state of production, indicates problems, etc
- Green - No problems
- Yellow - Situation needs assistance
- Red - Pdn. stopped
- 1. Seiri - Sort
- 2. Seiton - Set in order
- 3. Seiso - Shine
- 4. Seiketsu - Standardize
- 5. Shitsuke - Sustain
- Tool to organize complex info. into logical categories
- Concise summary of a project on a single sheet of paper
- 1. Uses concise wordings
- 2. Uses charts to illustrate points
- 3. Restricts to 3-4 bullets per section
- 4. Provides substance, not fluff.
- A short summary of the strategic reasons for the project.
- 1. Design of a new project/process
- 2. Redesign of existing projects/process
Project Charter - Uses
- Team is aware of the project goals and boundaries
- Team will remain focussed on goals
- Team will work in alignment with the organization's goals
- Team champion will support the team and their goals
- Describing the flow of people, information or material in almost any type of process.
Pull Value (Value of the Pull System)
- 1. Cycle time reduction
- 2. Reduction in finished inventory
- 3. Reduction in WIP
- 4. Order stabilization by customers
- 5. Pricing stabilization
- 1. Dissatisfiers (Basic reqmts., "must be")
- 2. Satisfiers (variable reqmts., "more is better")
- 3. Delighters (latent reqmts.)
Critical To Quality (CTQ) tree
- Focuses on key metrics of customer satisfaction
Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Enables the organization to:
- 1. Make decisions on products and services
- 2. Identify product features and specs.
- 3. Focus on improvmenet plans
- 4. Develop baseline metrics
- 5. Identify customer satisfaction drivers
- Prioritize problems based on their frequency of occurance
- "Vital Few" and "Trivial Many"
- 20% 80%
Process Capability Studies
- 1. Do Nothing: Process limits within spec. limits
- 2. Change Spec: If customer agrees
- 3. Center the process: If process spread matches spec. spread, but with a shift
- 4. Reduce Variability: DOE used to find variations
- 5. Accept the losses: Handle scrap and rework efficiently
- Frequency column graphs displaying a static picture of process behavior
Measure of the smallest change in measurand that can be sensed by the msmt. device
Smallest msmt. change that can be represented by the display of the msmt. device
- 1. Measure of the ability of the msmt. process to repeatedly get the same results keeping all factors same.
- 2. Same gage and same operator
- 1. Repeatability and reproducibility
- 2. Describes how close successive msmt. results fall when repeated.
- 1. Measure of ability of msmt. process to obtain same results under varying conditions.
- 2. Same gage, different operators - gage reproducibility
Systematic difference between 2 successive msmts. of the same thing
- 1. Degree of closeness of a msmt. to its true value
- 2. Lack of bias
- 1. Too many digits of the measured value
- 2. Insensitivity due to rounding offs
- 3. Errors due to entering of large sequence of data by operators. So:
- Code: Xc = X + C, Decode: X1=Xc1- C and sigma = sigmac
- Xc = X/f, Decode: X1 = Xc f and sigma = f x sigmac
- 1. Charts that utilize location data
- 2. To answer the question 'where'.
- Takt Time = Available pdn. time / Rate of customer demand
- It is the beat/rythm of the process.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview