CCS Prep- Anatomy
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hormone replacement Therapy
What is Prolonged Pregnancy
Pregnancy that is advanced beyond 42 weeks
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Continued muscle and joint weakness
- muscle pain that gets worse
- becoming easily exhausted or fatigued
- muscle wasting/atrophy
- sleep apnea
- becoming easily cold
3 Types of Polio
1. Type I - Brunhilde (most often isolated from paralytic cases.
2. Type II - Lansing (least common in paralytic cases)
3. Type III - Leon (2nd most common)
Alpha Fetoprotein - marker commonly linked to liver Ca
- Carcinoembryonic Antigen Test
- cancer test
- is protein linked to colorectal Ca
- Tumor Marker
- Cannot dx, only used to track cancer after innitial dx.
- False reading are possible due to chemo treatments
Parasympathetic nervous system responsibility:
- Inhibits or opposes the physiologic effects of the sympathetic nervous system.
- Part of the Autonomic Nervous System
test used as a marker for an AMI
Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Set of evolutionarily primitive brain structures located at the top of the brain stem.
- Involved in many of our emotions and motivations esp. related to survival.
Includes: hypothalmus, thalmus, amygdala, hippocampous, limic cortex, pituitary gland
Fracture that breaks through the skin
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview