The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What salary are you looking for?
I am currently making $56,560 and am looking for a fair and competitive market salary
Why do you want to leave your current position?
I have worked at CMI for 4.5 years where I have learned a lot. When I started I did not know what a chargeback was. I have now outgrown the role and it is time to move on to enhance my professional growth. I want to improve my overall skills by joining a larger and more progressive organization where I can learn/utilize [other skills] and experience in several different areas.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
To be established in a firm where I'll have opportunities to develop my skills, take take on interesting projects, and work with people I can really learn from. And possibly mentor somebody.
“I would describe myself as a professional who is easy to get along with, and who can handle stressful situations and a heavy work load.”
Strengths & Weaknesses
Self motivated - taught myself QB's, Excel pivot tables .. A Natural leader that I can make a decision and not have an hour long not needed discussion about it.
Weakness –Sensitive person: Taking things to heart and getting too disappointed when things are done in the wrong way.
Too helpful: Crossing limits while helping teammates.
What do you know about Color and Optics?
- Is a privately held firm, 30 years old, designs glasses for several brands (licesnesed partnership), such as Jessica Simpson, Crayola VInce Camuto, Steve Madden. The owner, Sanford Hutton, was an optition. Own their own factory. Glasses were in the Movie Annie Hall
- Involved with charities for the blind and optition students
Questions to ASK
- 1. How did this role become available?
- How would you describe the ideal candidate?
- How would you descibe a typical day for this role?
- Which groups will I be interfacing with & have exposure to on a regular basis?
- What are the short and long-ter career path for others that have been in this role or similar role?
Tell me about yourself
My name is April, I started my accounting career as a bookkeeper for a small restaurant. I was hired b/c I was the only one that passed their QB test. I worked with a great group of people and we all tried to keep the restuarant a float, however, with too many debts to settle they went out of business. After that I worked several part-time bookkeeping / accounting jobs and went back to school to finish my accounting degree. I then worked full-time for CMI, and over the course of several years have learned about different industries, how businesses are run and am able to deal with many different types of personalities. Along with time management skills to juggle it all.
Personal History ?
If I choose three workds that capture what I can bring to this job, they would be accountant, musician, and athelete. I have always been interested in accounting since my first class in HS, I liked how the numbers would balance out. I love playing music and have played in a band or orchestra since I was 8 years old. As an athelete I've competed in different sports and learned the value of staying healthy. I have developed a set of skills that include creative thinking, motivation and teamwork.
What do you like / dislike about your current employer?
Casual work environment, I own the job, nobody micromanages me.
- Office should be cleaned after hours, it is distracting during the morning twice a week.
- Have a local IT person.