What are the qualification required for each level of judicial appointment?
- Set out in the Tribunals Court and Enforcement Act
- Justice of the Supreme Court - hold high judicial office or have held superior court qualifications for at least 15 years - can be from Northern Ireland or Scotland as well as England and Walse.
- Lord Justices of Appeal - existing High Court judge or at least seven years' qualification
- High Court judges -barrister or solicitor for seven years or Circuit judge for two years.
- Circuit Judge - barrister or solicitor for seven years, Recorder, District Judge or Tribunal Judge.
- Recorder - barrister or solicitors for seven years
- District Judge - Barrister or Solicitor for five years or ILEX fellow (deputy District Judge first)