The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the types of cell division?
What are some of the characteristics of mitosis?
- Involves 1 DNA replication; 1 division
- Yields somatic cells
- Produces two identical daughter cells (each diploid or 2n)
- Involved growth and repair
What are some characteristics of meiosis?
- Involves 1 DNA replication with 2 divisions
- Yields sex cells or gametes
- Produces four non-identical daughter cells (each haploid or n)
- Involved in genetic variation