*(CPU Management) List the five states of a process that is being executed by the CPU and describe the transition between the current state and the next state.
- 1)New process (file, not loaded yet) - OS "admits" process
- 2)Ready process (loaded into RAM) - OS "dispatches" process -> Running process
- 3)Waiting process (needs I/O or some event in memory, temporarily can't run) - OS moves process to Ready state when ready again
- 4)Running process (in RAM, with CPU processing its instructions) - OS starts cleaning up after finished
- 5)Terminated process (finished executing, must mark its memory as free)