Recruiters must familiarize themselves with their area to identify the locations that are most likely to produce area canvassing contacts.
- -Seeking information about lucrative AC apots from the NCOIC, poolees, and contacts.
- -Taking the initiative to recon the area to identify perspective AC locations.
- -Traveling any established IRT's.
- -Repeating the familiarization process for each season of the year, as youth habits and hangouts change within the season.
- -The location of the following are critical for area canvassing:
H.S/CC, Technical Training Centers, Shopping Malls, Community Centers, Recreation Parks, Fast Food Restaurants, Businesses that hire young people, Unemployment Offices and Job Training Centers, and Sporting Events/Fairs/Carnivals/Military Shows.