Circulatory System Diseases
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "hardening of the fatty stuff"
- hardening of the arteries due to fatty areas becoming calcified.
- blockage of blood flow to the muscles of the heart
- blockage occurs in one of the coronary arteries
Mitral prolapse, stenosis, regurgitation
- when the atrioventricular valve (or mitral valve) is torn off by disease
- prolapse (falling forward) occurs in the heart
- regurgitation occurs
A valve may be abnormally narrow causing a partial obstruction constricting floor (stenosis)
- "pain in the chest"
- crushing, viselike. often accompanied by shortness of breath, fatigue and nausea.
- indication that not enough blood is getting to the heart muscle
- "no rhythm"
- "abnormal rhythm"
- when the heart muscle isn't getting enough blood or, more importantly, enough oxygen
- "not quite enough blood"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview