Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Is silence a therapetuic technique?
give an example of "accepting"
- "Um hmmm"
- "I follow what you said."
Give an example of giving recognition
- "Good Morning, Mr. S."
- "You've tooled a leather wallet."
give an example of offering self
- "I'll stay here with you."
- "I'm interested in your comfort."
Give an exmple of giving broad opening
- "What are you thinking about?"
- "Where would you like to begin?"
Give an example of Offering General Leads
- "Go on."
- "And then?"
- "Tell me about it."
give an eample of Placing the event in time or in sequence
- "What seemed to lead up...?"
- "Was this before or after...?"
- "When did this happen?"
- "I think you appear tense because...?"
- "Are you uncomfortable when you...?"
- "I notice that you are biting your lips
Encouraging Description of Perceptions
- "What is happening?
- "What does the voice seem to be saying?"
giv an example of Encouraging Comparison
"Was this something like...?""Have you had a similar experience?"
give an example of Restating
CLIENT: "I can't sleep." I stay awake all night.""You have difficulty sleeping"
give an example of reflecting
CLIENT: "My brother spends all the money and then has the nerve to ask for more."NURSE: "This causes you to feel angry...?
givean example of focusing
"This point seems worth looking at closely.
give an example of exploring
- "Tell me more about that."
- "Would you describe....more fully?"
- "What kind of work?"
give an example of Giving Information
- "My name is..."
- "Visiting hours are..."
- "My purpose in being here..."
give an example of seeking clarification
- "I'm not sure that I follow."
- "What would you say is the main point of what you said?"
Give an example of presenting reality
- "I see no one else in the room."
- "That sound was a car backfiring."
- "Your mother is not here."
- "I'm a nurse."
give an example of Voicing Doubt
- "Isn't that unusual?"
Seeking Consensual Validation
"Tell me whether my understanding of... agrees with yours?""Are you using this work to convey this idea?"
give an example of Verbalizing the implied
- CLIENT: "I can't talk to you or to anyone.
- "NURSE: "Is it your feelings that no one understands?
- "CLIENT: "My wife pushes me around just like my mother and sister did.
- "NURSE: "Is it your impression that women are domineering?"
Give an example of encouraging evaluation
"What are your feelings in regard to...?"
Give an example of attempting to translate into feelings
- CLIENT: "I'm dead.
- "NURSE: "Are you suggesting that you feel lifeless?"
Give an example of suggestion collaboration
"Perhaps you and I can discuss this and discover what produces your anxiety."
Give n example of summarizing
- "Have I got this straight?"
- "During the past hour you and I have discussed..."
Give an example of Encouraging Formulation of Plan of Action
Next time this comes up, what might you do to handle it?"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview