Network Authentication Chapter 6 Part 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Internal LAN consists of: (3)
- non-endpoint LAN devices
- LAN infrastructure
NAC helps maintain network stability by
providing four important features:
1.Authentication and authorization
3.Quarantining of noncompliant systems
4.Remediation of noncompliant systems
NAC can be implemented in two ways:
Cisco NAC Components (4)
- Cisco NAC Appliance Server (NAS)
- Cisco NAC Appliance Manager (NAM)
- Cisco NAC Appliance Agent (NAA)
- Rule-set updates
NAC Rule-set updates
Provides schedules automatic updates
Cisco NAC Appliance Server (NAS)
Device that provides in-band or out-of-band access control.
Cisco NAC Appliance Manager (NAM)
A web-based interface for creating security policies and managing online users.
Cisco NAC Appliance Agent (NAA)
It can determine whether a device has the required anti-virus dat file, security patch, or critical Windows hotfix.
(config-if)# switchport protected
Prevents data from being sent between protected ports at Layer 2 (it must be Layer 3)
SAN transport technologies
–Fiber Channel over IP (FCIP)
- –Internet Small Computer Systems Interface
- –The primary SAN transport for host-to-SAN
- –Fiber Channel networks provide a serial
- transport for the SCSI protocol.
- –Maps SCSI over TCP/IP and is typically
- used in the LAN.
- –Leverages existing IP networks to
- build and extend SANs by using TCP/IP to transport SCSI commands, data, and
- status between hosts or initiators and storage devices or targets, such as
- storage subsystems and tape devices.
- –Popular SAN-to-SAN connectivity model
- that is used over the WAN or MAN.
- –SAN designers can use the open-standard
- FCIP protocol to break the distance barrier of current Fiber Channel solutions
- and enable interconnection of SAN islands over extended distances.
Fiber Channel Zoning
Partitioning the Fiber Channel fabric into smaller subsets
Zoning rules: (3)
- members see only other members of the zone.
- can be configured dynamically based on WWN.
- can be members of more than one zone.
A virtual storage area network (VSAN) is a collection of ports from a set of connected Fiber Channel switches that form a virtual fabric.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview