The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Spot Apparatus in a Trench Rescue Scenario...
150' away and block Traffic up to 300' away
Isolation Zones in Trench Scenario
- Hot Zone: 0'-50'
- Warm Zone: 50'-150'
- Cold Zone: 150'-300'
Trench Rescue Soil Types
- Type A: Most Stable
- Type B: Medium Stability
- Type C: Least Stable
Rope Rescue Angles
- Low Angle: Up to 40 degrees
- Steep Angle: 40-60 degrees
- High Angle: Anything steeper than 60 degrees
- Levels at or above 35 ppm: Evacuate/Full PPE
- IDLH is 1200 ppm
- Questar should be notified, the structure evacuated, and ventilation procedures began at levels above 9 ppm
- Odorless, colorless, non-toxic.
- Specific Gravity is 0.55
- Explosive Range is 5-15% - A1 starts at 5%, A2 starts at 10%
Primary Hazard in Trench Rescue
What is a "Waler" ?
12' 6x6 Post
A Permitted Confined Space contains or has the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere
CO has an IDLH of ... ?
A Z-rig has a mechanical advantage of 5:1
Methane is extremely dangerous because it is heavier than air and will settle into basements
On our monitors, Which CH4 alarm goes off at 5% LEL?
Tangible reasons for seeking leadership
Training and Instruction
Intangible reasons for seeking leadership
Desires for adventure, security or recognition; feeling of belonging
Extremes of Leadership Styles
Authoritarian and Persuasive
Two Responsibilities of Leadership
Responsibility to ensure mission accomplishment, Responsibility to subordinates
Elements of Leadership
The Leader, the group, and the situation
Leadership Qualities that enable one to inspire or motivate others
- JJ DID TIE BUCKLE
11 Principles of Leadership
- Be Technically and Tactically proficient
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement
- Know your men and look out for their welfare
- Keep your men informed
- Set the example
- Ensure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished
- Train your men as a team
- Make sound and timely decisions
- Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates
- Employ your command in accordance with your capabilities
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
Four indicators of Leadership
- Esprit de corps
Steps to Reconnaisance
- Command and Signal
Six Troop Leading Steps
- Begin to plan
- Arrange Resources
- Make Reconnaissance
- Complete the Plan
- Issue the orders
What is the Span of Control?
The Number of people one supervisor can supervise effectively
What are the four management principles used under a paramilitary type of leadership?
- Unity of Command
- Span of Control
- Division of Labor
What are the four functions of management?
What is a Standard Operating Procedure?
Written organizational directives that establish or prescribe specific operations or administrative methods to be followed routinely
What is being observed in an emergency incident simulation?
Your ability to command and control
What does Theory X say?
Workers need to be driven
What are the four psychomotor skill levels?
- Plateau - CompetenceLatency
3 Federal Regulations that affect every firefighter are:
- Bloodborne Pathogens - 29 CFR 1910:1030
- HazMat Awareness/Ops - 29 CFR 1910:20
- SCBA Fit Testing - 29 CFR 1910:134