Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what three features of cells are evaluated during cell identification?
- Relative cell size
- Nuclear characteristics
- Cytoplasmic characteristics
List 5 types of WBC
- neutrophils : segmented(mature), Band (immature)
What is the source of platelets?
fragments of cytoplasm from a large bone marrow cell - megakaryocyte
Describe the area of the smear used to Identify blood cells. ?
the feathered edge using oil - immersion objective.
describe the microscopic appearance of stained RBC?
- flattened biconcave disc
- stain pink-tan
- no nucleus
- 6-8μm in diameter.
What color granules are present in neutrophils, Eosinophils, Basophils, lymphocytes, monocytes?
- Neutrophils: small, lilac granules
- Eusinophils: Coarse, orange-red granules
- Basophil: Coarse, blue-black granules
- Lymphocytes: Ocational red-purple granules
- Monocytes: Ground- glass appearance.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview