$ Ascertain as much information
as I can from the call, school personnel, and aero up above the school.
$ Immediately send a response field force of at least 5 radio cars and a sergeant depending on the information that I obtained
. This team will be utilized to act as the Rapid Deployment Team.
- $ This team will employ and lay the foundation of the 7 C’s (Command, Control, Contain, Communicate, Coordinate, Continency,
$ Is the problem Static (non-dymanic) or Dynamic?
If Static, handle as Barricaded Suspect (Contain and call SEB). If Dynamic, use RDT to minimize problem until SEB or more reinforcement arrives.
- $ The team will be the initial contact of the problem, rescue
- if safe to do so, and shield the team.
$ Set up an AR-15 deputy
if feasible at an adequate distance.
$ Set up inner/outer containment.
$ Request other LASD station personnel
, other city departments, & CHP.
- $ Set up a command post that is large enough to accommodate a separate staging area for Fire/Paramedics, Triage, Department Incident
- Commander, parents, students, and media (morgue if needed).
$ Notify local hospitals.
Have enough ambulances ready for immediate response.
$ Major Incident Log.
$ Request two tactical frequencies
(tactical and command).
$ Depending on the situation, delegate the W/S to handle the station command (I’m still responsible) and activate the station Sub-EOC. I will respond to the Command Post and act as the Incident Commander.
$ Gather suspect information
. How many suspects? Photos? Reason? Have DB get suspect work up and search warrants if necessary.
$ How many students and faculty are held up
(If so, call Arson to respond Code-3).
- $ Evacuations and Traffic Control. (Request school buses for transport to
- Command Post).
$ If deputy’s shot, have sergeant respond to hospital
to act as liaison b/t hospital, Department and media.
- $ Take action necessary to safely resolve the problem and minimize injury, adhering to the sanctity and reverence of human life and our
- Core Values (arrests, stop suspects, rescue hostages).