V i o l e n c e a n d C o n f l i c t in the Material Record
- things move from peaceful to violent
- people dont spend entire time inflicting violence
- humans demonstarte the cpacity to inflict harm on others
- humans also equally show the altruistic behavior for compassion and care
- war and violence can be exhibited through skeletal material and inflictions, but it should not be the only factor considered when assessing; perimortem and post mortem injuries should be accounted for as well.
- our contemporary ideas of warfare often interrupt our ideas of warfare in the past.
- in order to understand conflict and peace in the past we must dispel biased ideas and instead incorporate multidimensional appraches as to how we view conflict and peace.