respiratory system diseases
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "abnormal condition of dust in the lungs"
- causes symptoms and disability such as "block lung" or "miner's lung"
- terms specific to the particulate matter may be given such names as asbestosis
- inheritable disease that affects the lungs and perhaps other systems producing mucous such as the digestive system
- pts suffer frequent lung infections because the mucous is thick and sluggish and results in increased scarring (fibrosis) of the lungs
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- results in progressive destruction of the air sacs in the longs and loss of respiratory membrane for O2 exchange
- long term smokers
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview