The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Considerations when Designing Office Space
- 1 - Allocation
- 2 - Circulation
- 3 - Solids and Voids (enclosed spaces and open spaces)
- 4 - Public/Private
- 5 - Real Estate
Where each functional area needs to go.
Where do you place private/open offices.
Space and functions; separate public areas and private spaces.
Critical Public areas: Arrival/Reception area
Where the most perceived important zones are located and functional spaces placed accordingly.
Space Planning - Circulation
- - Straightforward, Efficient.
- - Combine and group similar parts and elements.
- - Be sensitive to privacy and acoustical needs
- - limit circulation when possible, space is expensive
Space Planning -
- Bring in natural light
- place furniture to protect workers backs