Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What relationship does the retina have with the brain?
it is a part of it
What can refractive error impact on?
person + community = public health crisis
How is the person impacted by refractive error?
- personal $ cost
- cosmetic issues
- pathological consquences
How is the community impacted by refractive error?
- $ spent on subsidization
- loss of manpower
How does public health get affected by refractive error?
- Not everyone has access to eyecare
- eyecare is not available everywhere
- not subsidized/has medicare everywhere
What is high myopia?
WHO defines it as =>-5.00
What are the stats associated with high myopia?
10-12% of singaporeans and taiwanese population2nd leading cause of impairment4th leading cause of blindness
Theories of RE aetiology
- choroidal push/scleral stretch
- retinal physiology that allows it to develop
- physiological/psychological stress
Choroidal push/scleral stretch is not an __________ but a ___________
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview