Hem Lec 18
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A definition of a leukemia could include?
- an overproduction of leukocytes
- malignant cells trespass the blood-brain barrier
Descriptive terms for most lymphomas can include?
a solid malignant tumor of the lymph nodes
An acute leukemia can be described as being
of short duration with many immature leukocyteforms in the peripheral blood
The etiological agents of leukemias can include?
- ionizing radiation
- certain infectious agents
- chemical exposure to benzene
HIV is associated with
Cancer-predisposing genes may act by?
- affecting the rate at which exogenous precarcinogensare metabolized to actively carcinogenic forms
- affecting the host’s ability to repair resulting damageto DNA.
- altering the immune system’s ability to recognizeand wipe out incipient tumors
The incidence of leukemia is higher in?
Scandinavian versus Japanese populations
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview