The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
spread [spred](vb: pt, pp spread)
The spread of technology is making this happen very fast.
They worry about
- Globalisation is happening all around us. We are living in a global society.
- We have the same products, the same brands, the same experiences.
- The spread of technology is making this happen very fast.
- International food and drinks companies are replacing traditional or national ones, and local family businesses.
- Some people are not happy about globalisation.
losing their cultural identity. They feel that their national characteristics are disappearing.
of Halloween is an example of globalisation. An annual event where people dress up
,it was first popular in the United States and Great Britain. It is now becoming a global festival.
Expert in cultural exchange, Ken Wilson, explains that the term globalization means many different things
dress up in costume
procuparse de algo
worry about verb-ing
- i worry about losing my key
- they worry about breaking the glasses
hay muchos tipos de
there are many different kinds of
to make it possible to
there's economic globalisation where rich countries and financial institutions make it possible to transfer funds to buy and sell goods.”
donde quiera que vayas hay
wherever you go there's a McDonalds, there's a Starbucks.”
el que mas le gusta a la gente
I suppose the one that people like best,
hago lo que puedo para
i do my best to meet people
It really depends on where you live.
quiere decir que
it means that a local café probably closes.”
no hay duda que
there is no doubt that English is the language of our globalised world
- The more people travel, the more people trade, the more they need a language that
- everybody understands
verdaderamente, de verdad
- truly [ˈtruːlɪ]
- We are now living in a truly globalised world.