Health and Safety
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does OSHA stand for?
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
What act made osha exist?
occuaptional safety and health act, in the 1970s.
What is osha's slogan?
Safe and healthful working conditions for men and women.
what does osha do?
- sets and enforces safety and health standards
- Main job is to issue msds( material safety data sheets)
What is on the msds sheets?
- chemical name
- manufacturers name and address
- safety exposure limits
What do the colors mean on the diamond of death?
- white=scientific hazard.
What's worse on the diamond of death scale?
4-0, worse to better/stable
What does niosh stand for?
National institute for occupational safety and health
What does niosh do?
prevents injuries and illness by known scientific informantion and research
What does CDC stand for?
center for disease control and prevention
What does cdc do?
- detects and investigates health problems
- conducts research
- develop public health policies
- implement prevention strategies
- promote good health practices
what does the fda stand for?
federal drug administration
what does the fda do?
regulates food and drugs for safe consumer use.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview