1. Recruitment technically precedes Selection. Selection follows recruitment.
- 2. Recruitment refers to the process of
- identifying and encouraging potential candidates to apply for jobs in the
- organisation. Selection involves choosing the best out of those recruited.
- 3. Recruitment is positive as it aims at
- increasing the number of job seekers (applications) for wider choice or
- increasing the selection ratio. Selection, on the other hand, is said to be
- negative in its application inasmuch as it rejects a large number of unqualified candidates in order to identify those who are suitable for the
4. In sum, recruitment involves searching. Selection involves comparing those already searched.