Lecture 18 Acquired Immunity
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- *Exposure to viruses
- *Vaccines (dead, alive, partially dead)
- *Fast response
- *Always present after initial exposure/ MEMORY
Passive Immunity/ Short term
- *No memory
- * Transferred from mom for short term only.
RESPONSIBLE for acquired immunity.
Programmed to detect self from non self cells
Clonal Expansion Process
1) Naive lymphocyte is exposed to pathogen
2) Cells begin to clone themselves.
3) Effector cells and Memory cells are created.
Effector cells aid in that response, Memory cells are stored for future exposure.
- *Antibody production
- * In Bone Marrow
* Respond to specific antigen
Y= two arms on top ---> Fab = Recognition
= Lower part (stick) --> Fc= Class of Ab
- * 75%
- * 2ary response
- -Activate complement (Inc inflammation/ Histamie MAC)
*MEMORY CELLS ALWAYS RELEASE IgG
On surface of B Lymphocytes
Purpose is unknown
*Viruses inside cells/ Encapsulated Bacteria
*Thymus sorts bacteria
- 2 types are
- *Cytotoxic and Helper
On surface of EVERY nucleated cell
Interacts with Cytotoxic T
- *Checks every cell/ Monitors Cells
- *Determines whether cells live or die
- Present of surfce of APC ONLY!!!!!!
- (Macrophages, Dentritic, B cells)
Interact with T Cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview