Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is a contrast score?
- a comparison score. measures the difference between 2 scores rather than against age related peers.
- 1 score is the control and the other is the dependent
- e.g. is memory for what they saw lower than memory for what they heard.
- auditory memory is the control, visual memory is the dependent.
memory can be influenced by what other factors?
- language impairment
- visual difficulties
- poor attention
- low IQ
- impaired executive functioning/
interpretation of the WMS includes
- you cant diagnose
- language could be a factor
- don't over0-interpret
- index score has more meaning than subtest scofe
what is auditory memory index made of
- read a stpry and recall immediately and after a delay.
- paired words, recall immediately and after a delay
behavioural observations on auditory test can reveal what
- thinking process (gist or verbatim/linear)
- attempt to cover deficit with extra detail or crazy talk
what is visual mempry index made of?
- recall and draw
- recall where spatial info was located
both immediately and after a delayt
how is wais working memory and WMS working memory different?
wais is auditory/verbal e.g. arithmetic digit span, letter number sequencing
WMS is visual only and includes spatial addition
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview