ch14 w301 final
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Management vs Leaders
- they have a lot of over lap
- Leaders- do the right things (what should we be doing)
- Manager- do things right (How can we do what we're already doing better)
- traits- relatively stable characteristic traits theory believe leaders are born "Great Person"
- Desire to lead
- self confidence
- emotional stability
- knowledge of business
- Initiating structure- the degree the leader struture the rule to follower
- consideration- how friendly the leader is
this are independent of each other you can have more or less of
Contingency/ Situational Leadership Approaches Fiedler's theory
- Leaders must be match to the right leadership situation.
- leaders are incapable of changing there leadership style
the degree to which a particular situation either permits or denies a leader the chance to influence the behavior of a group
leader member exchange
you need to have a different connection with each one of ur followers or employees
Path Goal theory
- leaders can increase subordinate satisfaction and performance by
- 1. clarifying and clearing the paths to goals
- 2. by increasing the number and kinds of rewards available for goal attainment
- Leaders can change there leadership style on the situation or outcomes
Normative Decision theory
how much to leaders want input from there employees
Charismatic, Transformational, Transactional
- Charismatic- leaders that create an exceptionally strong relationship between there followers
- Transformational-getting people to look at the greater good and back there follower accomplish more then expected
- Transactional- follower are rewarded for good punished for bad
Trust and leadership
- this take a lot of time to build up can lose it fast.
- made up of 5 things
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview