Test 6 part 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the inner cell layer of this structure that connects to the oocycte is _____.
the structure that holds the oocyte to the inside wall of the follicle is ______.
the granulosa cells convert what to what?
testosterone to estradiol
how is the secondary oocyte different from the primary oocyte?
it is haploid
when an ovarian follicle ruptures, what comes out?
egg, corona radiata, zona pellcuida
fertilization occurs in the ______.
after fertilization and before the egg and sperm nuclei join, the egg ____.
implantation occurs when?
the embryolcblast separates from the trophoblast to create the ____.
the GI tract is formed by what?
where are the three primary germ layer?
what is progesterone produced during pregnancy?
- corpus luteum
- then placenta
what is the function of HCG?
stimulates the corpus luteum to produce progesterone
the placenta develops from _____.
syncytitrophoblast to chorion to placenta
what are the three stages of prenatal nutrition?
- glycogen rich secretions in the tube and uterine cavity
- breakdown of cells in the uterine wall after implantation (up to week 9)
- placenta drawing nutrients from maternal blood (week 9 to delivery)
the second stage of pregnancy sends when?
- Stage I- complete dilation of the cervix
- Stage II- delivery of the baby
- Stage III- delivery of the placenta
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview