Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
word equation for photosynthesis?
carbon dioxide + water ---(energy from the sun through chlorophyll)------> oxygen + plant sugars (carbs)
Word equation for cellular respiration
oxygen + plant carbs (food) ------(mitochrondria, lysosomes, vacuoles)-----> carbon dioxide + water + energy
- a group of organisms that can use the energy in sunlight to convert water and carbon dioxide into GLUCOSE (fooD)
- autotrophs are also called producers because they produce all of the food that heterotrophs use
- without autrotrophs there would be no life on this planet
- eg. platna nd algi
- organisms that do not make their own food
- another term for heterotrophs are consumers because they consume other organisms in order to live
- plant --> consumer ==> higher order consumer
- eg. humans, rabbits, mushrooms (NOT PLANTS are a fungi)
How are photosynthesis and cellular respiration related?
- plants take in CO2 that animals give out
- animals take in gases athat plants give out
- plants are food for animals
- have little defined internal structure and in particular lack a clearly defined structure to house their DNA. organisms taht are made of prokaryotic cells are prokaryotes and include all bacteria and all archeans - another group of microbes.
- functio by using DNA in mass that tells the organs what to do
have much more complex structures than prokaryotic cells. all E cells contain many diffferent kidnsn of membrane bound structures called organeslls suspended in the cytoplasm. These organelles include nucleus with a clearly defined membrane calle d a nuclear membrane/envelope. DNA of a E cell is located in nucleus. organisms that are made of e cells are eukaryotes and include all animals, plants, fungi and protists athe single celled organisms. although a nucleus is usually vivisble with a light microscope, many organelles are visible only with electron microscopes.
group of similar cells carrying out the same function
group of different tissues working together for a particular function
group of organs serving a particular function
contain several systems in order to survive/
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview