Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
urges to rethink the use of custody
- Scotland's Choice report
- use custody as a last resort
academic's argument of CPO
- Zedner argues CO are less puntiive, less destructive, cheaper, flexible
- maintains links with family, work, community
- social bonds
- less stigmatising
- £6000 per offender per year
- prison £50,000
CPO not "soft"
- challenging unpaid work
- Prisoners Governers Assosiation: reported that offenders felt short term prison sentences were easier to complete
- restriction of liberty (curfews/tagging)
- longetivity - treatment needs time
not harsh enough?
- reoffending still occurs!
- Louise Casey 2008 Payback Review in E+W recommends:
- work should be more visible and demanding
- tabards - stigmatising?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview