Phrasel verbs mini-lesson 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
сделать прямо сейчас
- about to
- Can you talk now? I am about to go to the grocery store, but I will call you as soon as I get back.
- add up
- I think Matthew was cheating on that quiz. That doesn`t add up. Why should the best student in the class cheat?
- all of a sudden
- I was taking a quiet walk last night when, all of a sudden, there was a loud exposion.
на самом деле, собственно говоря
- as a matter of fact
- As a matter of fact I had enjoy another game.
- as a rule
- As a rule Carlos is very punctual, but he sure was late tonight.
- bank on
- Will you support proposal at the meeting? Certainly. You can bank on my support.
угощайся, делай что хочешь
- be my guest
- Can I have another sandwich? Sure be my guest. I made plenty.
- better of
- I understand Diane lost her job. Yes she is actually better off. She found a more interesting job with a higher salary.
больше чем могу выполнить
- Bite of more than one can chew
- You are taking five classes this term? Yes and I am having trouble getting caught up. I am afraid I bite off more than I can chew this time.
- bound to
- Kent is bound to fail that class if he does not start studying.
- break down
- My car broke down last week, and I had to take the bus to work until it was repaired.
- break in (on)
- I was talking to my aunt when suddenly my cousin George Ann break in on our conversation.
- break the ice
- What a boring party. No one is talking to another one. May be we should put on some music and start dancing. That might break the ice.
- bring about
- Many accidents are brought about by carelessness.
- bring up
- They bring up their children to be honest.
- brush up
- Have you studied Spanish befre? yes but it is been years since I took a Spanish class so I will need to brush up on it before I go to Venezuela.
- by and large
- There were a few things I didn`t like about Professor Wong`s class, but by and large I enjoyed it.
- by heart
- Actors and actresses must know their lines by heart.
Ни в коем случае
- by no means
- Their team won the game, but they by no means dominated it. It was a very close game.
at the drop of a hat
break the ice
закончиться (например встреча)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview